Our code and standard consulting services for manufacturers that seek to develop product standards or propose code changes or that seek to modify existing or develop new product standards. Ron assists with developing new, or modifying existing code language for the state, local, and model plumbing codes.
With knowledge and experience in numerous Codes and Standard organizations, Ron regularly attends the model code hearings and is actively involved in code and plumbing product standard development – allowing him to provide code and standard consulting services for manufacturers that seek to develop product standards or propose code changes.
Having experience in designing plumbing, mechanical, and fire protection systems for all building types, including airports; stadiums; industrial manufacturing facilities; office buildings; commercial and retail buildings; hospitals; laboratories; prisons; jails; hotels; apartment buildings; military projects, and; educational facilities.
Ron is experienced in designing and analyzing the following systems (along with many more).
- Lab Utilities & Gases: Helium, Hydrogen, Air, Vacuum, and Pure Water Distribution
- Steam & Condensate Piping Systems
- Pure Water Distribution and Re-circulation Systems and Materials.
- Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning Systems Design, Duct Layout and Sizing
- Plumbing and Mechanical System Failure Analysis – (Design, Reports, Forensic Investigations & Litigation Support)
- Fire Protection: Wet, Dry, Pre-Action Sprinklers, Standpipes, Private fire Service mains, Fire Pi umps, Storage tanks. (Design, Reports, Forensic Investigations & Litigation Support)
- Fire Suppression system Investigations Fuel Gas explosion & Fire Investigations (Design, Reports. Forensic Investigation & Litigation Support.)
- Domestic Hot Water Systems and Equipment with Expertise in Scald incidents and Legionella bacteria and Legionnaires Disease Investigations.
- Domestic Water & Process Water Distribution systems
- Backflow Prevention Equipment and Applications
- Domestic Hot Water Systems and Equipment with an Expertise in Scald Investigations.
- Heating and Chilled Water Systems
- Compressed Air Systems: Medical, Laboratory, and Industrial
- Sanitary Waste, Acid Waste and Industrial Waste & Vent Systems
- Storm Drainage Systems (Conventional, Overflow & Siphonic)
- Fuel Oil Piping Distribution Systems & Equipment
- Gasoline & Diesel Storage, Dispensing, Piping & Equipment
- Fuel Gasses: Natural Gas, Propane, and Butane.
- Medical Gases: Oxygen, Nitrogen, Nitrous Oxide, Vacuum, Air, and Carbon Dioxide
Ron has written hundreds of articles on plumbing system design issues, plumbing codes, and plumbing product standards, and he has given numerous seminars discussing domestic hot water systems and hot water temperature control product standards.
Ron is a member of various plumbing product standard working groups for various plumbing products, including all hot water temperature control standards (ASSE 1016, ASSE 1017, ASSE 1070, ASSE 1071, ASSE 1062, ASSE 1066 & ASSE 1069.
Ron’s involvement includes:
ICC – International Code Council
In 2015, Ron was selected to serve a 3-year term on the International Plumbing, Mechanical and Fuel Gas Code Interpretation Committee (PMGCIC)
IRC-PM – International Residential Code Plumbing & Mechanical, Former Chairman/Vice-Chairman (2004-2009)
IPC – International Plumbing Code, Member of the development committee (1999-2004)
IBC – International Building Code
IMC – International Mechanical Code
IFC – International Fire Code
IFGC – International Fuel Gas Code
IPMC – International Property Maintenance Code
IECC – International Energy Conservation Code
IEBC – International Existing Building Code
IAPMO – International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, Former Member, IAPMO Plumbing & Mechanical Standards Council; Former Member of the Uniform Plumbing Code “Answers and Analysis Committee”
UPC – Uniform Plumbing Code
UMC – Uniform Mechanical Code
USPHTSC- Uniform Swimming Pool, Hot Tub & Spa Code
USCC – Uniform Solar Energy Code
NFPA – National Fire Protection Association, Member; Industrial Buildings Committee- Member; Healthcare Buildings Committee – Member
1921 Fire Protection Codes and Standards
NFPA 54 Fuel Gas Codes and Standards
NFPA 99 Medical Gas Standards
ASHRAE – American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers
Member, Detroit Chapter
Member ASHRAE 188P Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems
Member ASHRAE Guideline 12 – Minimizing the Risk of Legionellosis Associated with Building Water Systems
ASME- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Member of various standard committees related to plumbing and mechanical products
A112 Plumbing Materials and Equipment main committee (oversees all plumbing-related Standards for ASME)
Member of numerous ASME A112 task groups that develop product standards
ASPE – American Society of Plumbing Engineers, Former Society Board Member, Vice President, Education; Past President, Eastern Michigan Chapter, Member of various plumbing system design standard committees:
ASPE Venting design standard committee
ASPE Water pipe sizing design standard committee
ASPE Temperature limits for domestic hot water systems committee
ASSE – American Society of Sanitary Engineering
Vice Chairman, ASSE Product Standard Committee (PSC)
Former Vice Chairman, ASSE Seal Control Board (SCB)
Chairman, ASSE Dictionary Committee
Co-Author, ASSE/ASPE Plumbing Dictionary